If you have a roof leak, regardless of roof type, you have a problem and an immediate need to solve it. Roof issues are always a pain and, if not addressed, can quickly turn into a large expense. Behind many common roof problems lie errors in design, materials and maintenance.
The top most common roof problems that lead to failure are:
- Roof leaks causing moisture within the roof system.
- Poor roof installation and workmanship.
- Reduced wind lift resistance and flashing billowing.
- Lack of maintenance, inspection and abuse/neglect.
- Punctures caused by carelessness of people visiting the roof.
- Ponding water.
Once you understand and have the answers for why your current roof failed, the decision making process for a new roof can be overwhelming. The commercial low slope roofing market is flooded with options. Terry Anderson, Southeast Regional Manager for FiberTite Roofing Solutions recommends asking the following important questions before buying a new roof.
- What is the performance record of the product?
- What is the real cost of this roof?
- Who stands behind the system and what kind of service and warranty do they offer?
- Who will install my roof and what is their experience with this system?
- Will this system remain viable over time, allowing me to make alterations or repairs?
- Does this system meet the performance standards required by my insurance company?
For the answers to these questions and more, visit www.fibertite.com.