Data is the lifeblood of every organization. Organizations spend billions of dollars globally each year constructing and maintaining state-of-the-art data centers — facilities that deliver complete reliability and security.
If data center interior assets aren’t guaranteed absolute protection from exterior elements for an indefinite period of time, a company may cease operations altogether.
Data centers require building integrity and demand a secure building envelope. A crucial component of their building envelope security is a reliable roofing system that will help protect the multimillion dollar assets contained within them. These assets often include:
- Systems that guarantee uninterrupted generation and distribution of power, including large Universal Power Supply (UPS) apparatuses and diesel generators
- Equipment that precisely controls environmental building conditions, such as heat exchangers, turbo cooling units and air conditioners (because all data center equipment must run in optimal temperatures and humidity levels)
- Servers and hardware that store invaluable company data
- Expensive security systems and personnel that ensure the data center is closely monitored
- Complex telecommunications networks
- Automatic fire-extinguishing systems
- Control station employees and equipment that ensure the entire data center runs optimally